Pagham & District Residents’ Association Community Transport – offering transport to Bognor Regis Health Centre for Covid-19 vaccinations. Only open to current membership. See the poster for details.
Our Play Areas at the Village Hall and Hook Lane have now re-opened. To keep everyone safe, there are a few new rules to follow. They are displayed at the entrances to the parks. Please familiarise yourself with the requirements before using the equipment.
If you are offering to volunteer or looking for help, visit the WSCC Volunteer Hub.
Useful contacts for food delivery, pharmacies and other support
Details are correct at the time of posting to the site, please be aware this may change in line with further government advice. The list will be updated when possible.
Arun District Council
Domestic abuse support
Whilst we are all engaging with the government’s instructions of social distancing and isolation, this can be a really difficult time for those experiencing domestic abuse. Help and support is still available.
Please see also the Council’s website https://www.arun.gov.uk/domestic-violence-abuse.
WSCC have also been posting about this issue and their web information is available at https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/fire-emergencies-and-crime/domestic-abuse/local-support-for-people-being-abused/
West Sussex County Council
WSCC have produced various articles and newsletters which might be of help:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice email newsletter for residents who sign up. Registration: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/UKWSCC/subscriber/new?preferences=true
Help Guide: https://subscriberhelp.granicus.com/s/
Domestic Abuse Press Article:
West Sussex County Council Community Safety Facebook and Twitter:
Online Shopping Fraud https://www.facebook.com/105224117606609/posts/167229844739369/?substory_index=0
HMRC offering tax rebates https://www.facebook.com/105224117606609/posts/166549144807439/?substory_index=0
West Sussex County Council Trading Standards https://twitter.com/WSCCTS
National Trading Standards Scams Team – Friends Against Scams Postcard https://twitter.com/WSCCTS/status/1242487655977418752
COVID-19 ADVICE :
We appreciate people are keen to offer support in any way they can during the Coronavirus outbreak. We have seen a rise of groups on social media and in the community looking for ways to help. We are able to offer the following advice:
- West Sussex County Council are co-ordinating volunteering across the district to effectively use the resources available and reach those in need. They have created local hubs for groups through their libraries. Those who want to offer support should contact the hub directly. A link is shown at the top of this page. Another option is to contact Voluntary Action Arun and Chichester www.vaac.org.uk who can provide advice and guidance, and signpost people to volunteers in their area.
- Localised community efforts are appreciated, we encourage groups to look at the following advice when offering support: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-how-to-help-safely–2/coronavirus-how-to-help-safely#how-can-i-help-safely & https://www.gov.uk/…/publica…/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance.
- Dispersing Groups/GatheringsSussex Police have issued guidance if you have concerns about groups of 2 or more people gathering, contrary to current advice.
- panic buying is unhelpful, please encourage people to buy only what they need.
- please do not stockpile items such as toilet roll, this prevents everyone being able to maintain basic hygiene.
• please support your local foodbank if you are able to.
- check in on elderly and vulnerable neighbours, many may not have access to the internet for latest updates.
- if any vulnerable residents are concerned about people knocking on their doors, please remind them they do not have to open the door to anyone if they don’t want to.
- only take up offers of help from people you know, or from organisations that you are aware of and ask to check any ID.
- if you are unwell, follow Public Health England advice to stay at home to avoid spreading germs.
• We have cancelled our meetings for the time being, but our clerk is working from home and can be contacted by email or phone.
Please visit our District and County Council websites for up to date information: